Warehouse Assistant with Fork Truck Licence
1, Amalgamated Drive, Unit 1, Amalgamated Drive, Brentford, Middlesex, TW8 9EZ, United Kingdom
Making Home Life Better
The HomesByDesign Group has recently been formed to build on the growing success of its established and primary subsidiary BathroomsByDesign. Our mission is to improve people’s homes, health and wellbeing with beautiful, affordable and expertly designed solutions for the home.
A technology led retail business, the ByDesign concept of using our proprietary KADware® (Knowledge Aided Design) Software and Plan2Design Virtual Reality App to serve customers in a totally unique and streamlined way sets us apart from our competitors in the market. It gives us the springboard to constantly look to improve how we operate and how we can continue to deliver a unique, immersive and effortless customer experience with our Software and VR App central to this experience.
Whilst we are currently a retail organisation, our tech infrastructure will enable us to expand into new sectors and markets internationally with the same mission firmly in place. Our hope is that one day everyone in the world will have a place they can proudly call home. Everything we do now and in the future will be underpinned by this.
Someone who is excited by joining a small but rapidly expanding Company, you will thrive under pressure to do what needs to be done to deliver consistent Customer Service Excellence with complete on time deliveries. You will be a confident, positive and flexible team player who's willing to learn.
But most importantly you will be a conscientious person, team player and someone motivated to be the best you can possibly be.
Location: Brentford (Find Us)
Salary: £25k per annum plus uncapped profit share bonuses
Job type: Permanent / Full-time
Leave Allowance: 22 days rising to 25 based on length of service
Our teams accurately pick products across the warehouse, ready for our drivers to get them on the road and off to our customers. It’s fast-changing and fast-moving, so you’ll need to be physically fit and raring to go. You’ll never be bored.
Our warehouse operates five days a week and you will be contracted to work 39.5 hours per week with opportunities to work overtime when available. You will be given full training when you start on all equipment and technology you will be using to carry out your role as a warehouse colleague.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Achieving all team objectives to include;
- Promoting and maintaining Health & Safety
- Ensuring that our customers are your main focus at all times
- Responsible for all products on the final leg of their journey, taking pride in ensuring all customers are satisfied with their order
- Ensuring all deliveries are completed on time
- Ensuring all customer collections are available and accessible, keeping wait times to a minimum
- Checking and putting away supplier deliveries
- Strong eye for detail eliminating reasons for returns or breakages
- Internal liaison with other departments to ensure smooth communication of any factors hindering completion of deliveries on time
- Understanding policies for returns and refunds and communicating any such requests effectively with the wider team
- Effectively taking returns from customers explaining the returns and refunds process clearly
- Good level of communication with customers and suppliers alike
- At times you will be asked to deliver orders to customers on assigned routes
- Unload goods and review deliveries with customers
- Up to 20 hours a week of deliveries and driving
Measures of success:
- Pick accuracy at 97.5%
- Breakages under £500
- Goods in at 99%
- All returns correctly labeled and dispatched at 99% accuracy
- All collections correctly entered on data entry system, at a rate of 99%
- Bin location accuracy at 97.5%
- On time deliveries at 80%
To succeed in this role you will have previous warehouse experience with a proven ability of working within a fast paced operation
- Ideally forklift trained (articulated or counter balance) with current certification
- Clean driving licence
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Time management
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Logical reasoning
- Numerical skills
- Technical skills
- IT skills.
- Honest, reliable and dedicated
- Physically and mentally fit
- Calm head and solid problem solver
- Clear understanding and appreciation of health and safety procedures
It is really important to be ambitious and constantly evolve your skillset. We would love to support your development!
Ready to Apply?
Click on the link below to apply for this role, upload your CV and cover letter/note. Please include an explanation of why your experience is specifically relevant to this role at HomesByDesign, how you will succeed and why you think your next career move should be to join our team.