Senior Front End Developer
1, Amalgamated Drive, Unit 1, Amalgamated Drive, Brentford, Middlesex, TW8 9EZ, United Kingdom
Making Home Life Better
The HomesByDesign Group has recently been formed to build on the growing success of its established and primary subsidiary BathroomsByDesign. Our mission is to improve people’s homes, health and wellbeing with beautiful, affordable and expertly designed solutions for the home.
A technology led retail business, the ByDesign concept of using our proprietary KADware® (Knowledge Aided Design) Software and Plan2Design Virtual Reality App to serve customers in a totally unique and streamlined way sets us apart from our competitors in the market. It gives us the springboard to constantly look to improve how we operate and how we can continue to deliver a unique, immersive and effortless customer experience with our Software and VR App central to this experience.
Whilst we are currently a retail organisation, our tech infrastructure will enable us to expand into new sectors and markets internationally with the same mission firmly in place. Our hope is that one day everyone in the world will have a place they can proudly call home. Everything we do now and in the future will be underpinned by this.
You’ll be a developer in our eCommerce software team, initially focussing on delivering front end Magento functionality.
You will be able to troubleshoot any front end issues that arise to ensure the continued and optimal performance of the front end web application.
Location: Brentford (Find Us)
Salary: £45-55k per annum plus uncapped profit share bonuses
Job type: Permanent / Full-time
Leave Allowance: 22 days rising to 25 based on length of service
- Build reusable components and code for future use
- Interpret UX/UI design guides to deliver an appropriate technical solution to agreed quality and timelines
- Ensure designs produced are technically feasible
- Write software to an agreed set of coding standards
- Create, document, and implement automated test scenarios
- Create and maintain technical documentation
- Set up and maintain deployment systems
- Carry out manual testing of work in progress
- Be part of an escalation process for technical guidance in the wider business and eventual wider development team*
- Perform maintenance development
- Investigate, analyse and document defects
- Correct identified defects*
- Testing the performance of site
- Troubleshooting integration issues.
Essential Technical Skills
- Magento 2
- CSS, Less and Sass styling skills
- React or Vue.js
- Jquery and Jquery UI Libraries
- Experience of the full software lifecycle
- Experience working with third-party REST, SOAP and GraphQL APIs
- Advanced experience working with BitBucket or Git
- Strong knowledge of the protocols HTTP and H2
Desirable Technical Skills
- An understanding of browser rendering behaviour and developing applications for maximum performance
- Experience implementing headless web applications
- An understanding of AJAX and handling asynchronous requests
- Experience with one or more popular Node frameworks (e.g. Nest, Express)
- Experience with one or more PaaS cloud providers
- Experience working with servers over SSH
Rewards & Benefits:
• Quarterly and annual bonuses for hitting key metrics
• EMI Share Scheme
• Ongoing learning and development
• Scope for career progression
• Pension Scheme
• Simply Health Plan
• Gym Membership or fitness credits
• Early finish Fridays
Ready to Apply?
Click on the link below to apply for this role, upload your CV and cover letter/note. Please include an explanation of why your experience is specifically relevant to this role at HomesByDesign, how you will succeed and why you think your next career move should be to join our team.