Procurement Manager & Senior Buyer
1, Amalgamated Drive, Unit 1, Amalgamated Drive, Brentford, Middlesex, TW8 9EZ, United Kingdom
Making Home Life Better
The HomesByDesign Group has recently been formed to build on the growing success of its established and primary subsidiary BathroomsByDesign. Our mission is to improve people’s homes, health and wellbeing with beautiful, affordable and expertly designed solutions for the home.
A technology led retail business, the ByDesign concept of using our proprietary KADware® (Knowledge Aided Design) Software and Plan2Design Virtual Reality App to serve customers in a totally unique and streamlined way sets us apart from our competitors in the market. It gives us the springboard to constantly look to improve how we operate and how we can continue to deliver a unique, immersive and effortless customer experience with our Software and VR App central to this experience.
Whilst we are currently a retail organisation, our tech infrastructure will enable us to expand into new sectors and markets internationally with the same mission firmly in place. Our hope is that one day everyone in the world will have a place they can proudly call home. Everything we do now and in the future will be underpinned by this.
As our Procurement Manager & Senior Buyer, you will help us to develop a portfolio of innovative products at various price points and be responsible for category and range planning, product development and negotiating the best prices with our supply base, as well as building and maintaining strong business relationships.
You will already be working at Senior Buyer level or ready to step up, with experience in developing and sourcing home improvement products. You must be creative and passionate about design, quality and value, as well as being confident to make decisions and communicate your ideas.
The role will initially focus on bathroom and kitchen products, with scope for progressing into a Group Manager role covering the complete HomesbyDesign offering.
Location: Brentford (Find Us)
Salary: £40-50k per annum plus uncapped profit share bonuses
Job type: Permanent / Full-time
Leave Allowance: 22 days rising to 25 based on length of service
- Develop long, mid and short term strategies to identify, design and develop, source and release best-selling home improvement products.
- Develop ranges with external wholesalers and/or directly with manufacturers, ensuring that the products are perfectly chosen delivering the best possible cost price, retail price and margin, following company policy and targets
- Liaise with our existing supplier network, negotiating contracts and working with them on a daily basis to keep abreast of new product ranges, and negotiating the best possible prices.
- Source and build relationships with new suppliers, ensuring HomesByDesign is partnering directly with the right manufacturers, without the need of agents, and with a key focus on pricing, quality of manufacturing and quality of service.
- Ensure that product development / sourcing process is as quick and efficient as possible, in order to ensure fast time to market.
- Oversee Product Information Management to bring products to market efficiently
- Responsible for turnover, customer feedback and quality performance of our ranges
- Constantly analysing market demand and competition in order to imagine and build the best possible product offer, with a focus on projects with the highest potential success rate in terms of matching market demand and creating new trends to deliver sales and profit to agreed targets.
What Good looks like:
- High stock availability
- High stock turn
- Own brand product sales
- Supplier SLA adherence
- Minimal product failure logs
- On time delivery
- Product Information Management (PIM) raw data
Rewards & Benefits:
• Quarterly and annual bonuses for hitting key metrics
• EMI Share Scheme
• Ongoing learning and development
• Scope for career progression
• Pension Scheme
• Simply Health Plan
• Gym Membership or fitness credits
• Early finish Fridays
- 5 years’ experience within a Buying role (3 years within the KBB industry would be desirable but not essential).
- Commercial acumen
- An understanding of what motivates customers to buy individual products.
- Extensive past-experience in Direct buying roles, Product development and Category management (KBB industry desirable).
- Confidence combined with negotiating, influencing and networking skills.
- Exceptional team working and leadership skills.
- Creativity with attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritise and multitask.
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to make major decisions.
- Strong customer focus.
- Numeracy and IT skills.
- A passion for the sector and its products is desirable
Ready to Apply?
Click on the link below to apply for this role, upload your CV and cover letter/note. Please include an explanation of why your experience is specifically relevant to this role at HomesByDesign, how you will succeed and why you think your next career move should be to join our team.