Head of Operations
1, Amalgamated Drive, Unit 1, Amalgamated Drive, Brentford, Middlesex, TW8 9EZ, United Kingdom
Making Home Life Better
The HomesByDesign Group has recently been formed to build on the growing success of its established and primary subsidiary BathroomsByDesign. Our mission is to improve people’s homes, health and wellbeing with beautiful, affordable and expertly designed solutions for the home.
A technology led retail business, the ByDesign concept of using our proprietary KADware® (Knowledge Aided Design) Software and Plan2Design Virtual Reality App to serve customers in a totally unique and streamlined way sets us apart from our competitors in the market. It gives us the springboard to constantly look to improve how we operate and how we can continue to deliver a unique, immersive and effortless customer experience with our Software and VR App central to this experience.
There is huge scope for growth horizontally and vertically. We currently have 3 bathroom retail showrooms in London, an early stage eCommerce store and Contracts department. Our growth objectives will see us open more showrooms across London, franchise across the UK, grow the eCommerce store to compete with market leaders, build a contracts business for house builders and expand beyond bathrooms into wider home improvement retail.
Whilst we are currently a retail organisation, our tech infrastructure will enable us to expand into new sectors and markets internationally with the same mission firmly in place. Our hope is that one day everyone in the world will have a place they can proudly call home. Everything we do now and in the future will be underpinned by this.
As Head of Operations, you will be part of the Senior Leadership Team and be responsible for the development and execution of a world class operations strategy to allow the retail and contracts business to grow. You will be responsible for the Supply Chain, Manufacturing, Warehouse & Logistics and Customer Service Teams. You will have a wealth of knowledge in these areas and up to speed on the latest technology available to drive systemisation principles throughout our business.
You will be focused on day to day operational efficiency and customer service excellence, sanitising our existing systems and processes where appropriate to maximise the effectiveness of the wider operations team. You will always be looking for new ways to improve efficiency and lead our teams to performance excellence in everything we do.
A key part of our evolution will see the launch of our new HomesByDesign website, building on the software we have developed for the bathroom industry and taking it into the home improvement industry as a whole. You will be championing the Supply Chain infrastructure as well as supporting the development and continuous improvement of our bespoke ERP technology that manages this part of the business. You will also oversee the launch and development of our new ERP system being launched later in the year.
Reporting to the General Manager and working closely with the Senior Leadership Team, You will challenge and mould our aggressive growth strategy and business plan, executing operational efficiency at every stage of our growth. Using our project management system you will ensure tasks are created, prioritised and completed inline with business requirements and expectations, with strong project management principles firmly in place. This will allow us to open multiple showrooms per year, build the infrastructure required for the ecommerce and contracts operations and manage all stakeholders including potential 3PL partners.
As we grow, you will grow a world class team around you as you Transition to a Group Operations Director role. You will have the expertise and skills to lead, but not forget how to roll up your sleeves to get things done.
We are a fast moving, dynamic and instant decision-making team and if you have the ability to think on your feet and drive progress, you will thrive within our culture, where we have removed all red tape.
Location: Brentford (Find Us)
Salary: £90k OTE with £60k basic and uncapped bonus plus EMI Share Options in the 30% Employee Trust
Job type: Permanent / Full-time
Leave Allowance: 25 days plus bank holidays
- Develop the operations strategy that aligns with our ambitious showroom, eCommerce, franchise and contracts growth objectives
- Implement an annual operations plan for each stage of our growth with continual improvement principles and growth calibration
- Work with the Senior Leadership team to impllement strategies to deliver Customer Experience Excellence
- Identify the resources and tools needed to deliver operational excellence over the next 3 to 5 years
- Develop a people plan, understanding how we gain the optimum efficiency between Teams
- Enhance our existing SOPs, the template and process for ongoing creation/updates to provide repeatable success
- Using data and research to plan for a more operationally efficient, cost effective and profitable future
- Develop a reporting structure and dashboard metrics to show real time KPIs, quarterly OKRs and Management Information
- Be the Systemisation champion with comprehensive knowledge of processes, automation and IFTTT principles
- Customer centric ethos to raise performance standards and Company reputation.
- Project Management: Oversee and support a wide range of projects such as new store openings to deliver success on time and on budget using appropriate project management principles
- ERP System and Process: Continual improvement of our proprietary “BathQuote” ERP system and processes (SOPs) to maximise efficiency company wide and uphold a standard of excellence, working closely with our IT Manager
- Product Development: Own brand OEM and ODM sourcing, quality management and product technical support.
- Procurement: efficient and cost effective purchasing for stock and JIT goods, strong supplier relationships, robust SLAs
- Stock Management: optimum stock levels for all core products, minimal stock losses and zero tolerance on supplier returns
- Warehouse: H&S excellence, efficient layout and BIN locations for speedy putting away, picking, packing and shipping
- Manufacturing: Lean manufacturing principles for solid surface fabrication and furniture assembly
- Logistics: Fast imports and On Time In Full customer deliveries via company van, pallet network and parcel couriers.
- After Sales: Speedy resolutions (respond in 60 minutes, resolve in 24 hours) to all After Sales queries and efficient management of After Sales CRM ticketing system
- Reporting: Weekly and monthly OKR, KPI and Root Cause Analysis (RCA) reports to highlight personal and team performance (linked to bonus schemes), customer issues and define corrective action to eliminate subpar performance and avoidable errors.
- Manage stakeholders’ expectations to ensure timely progress updates, change to scope and delivery dates.
- Chair meetings and facilitating workshops where appropriate.
- Persue innovative ideas, opportunities and feedback
- Develop and drive a culture of continuous improvement focusing on improving all business processes
- Leverage and improve the relationship between suppliers, customers, colleagues and departments
- Understand and support all other business functions
- A motivator and driver of positive attitude, always striving to be an example of best practice in both attitude and execution
Measures of Success:
- Risk assessments at 100%
- SOP’s adherence at 98%
- Monthly 121 SuccessByDesign reviews carried out with clear KPI targets and quarterly OKRS set and achieved
- Picking accuracy to 99%
- Breakages under £500 per quarter
- No Accidents
- Goods In, Goods Out and Returns processing at 100%
- Vans & Machinery downtime
- Customer satisfaction levels and face to face interactions recorded at over 90%
- Inventory recordings at 98%
- OTIF at 95%
- Productivity levels and efficiency rates above 90%
Rewards & Benefits:
• Quarterly and annual bonuses for hitting key metrics
• EMI Share Scheme
• Ongoing learning and development
• Scope for career progression
• Pension Scheme
• Simply Health Plan
• Gym Membership or fitness credits
• Early finish Fridays