Group UI/UX Designer
1, Amalgamated Drive, Unit 1, Amalgamated Drive, Brentford, Middlesex, TW8 9EZ, United Kingdom
Making Home Life Better
The HomesByDesign Group has recently been formed to build on the growing success of its established and primary subsidiary BathroomsByDesign. Our mission is to improve people’s homes, health and wellbeing with beautiful, affordable and expertly designed solutions for the home.
A technology led retail business, the ByDesign concept of using our proprietary KADware® (Knowledge Aided Design) Software and Plan2Design Virtual Reality App to serve customers in a totally unique and streamlined way sets us apart from our competitors in the market. It gives us the springboard to constantly look to improve how we operate and how we can continue to deliver a unique, immersive and effortless customer experience with our Software and VR App central to this experience.
Whilst we are currently a retail organisation, our tech infrastructure will enable us to expand into new sectors and markets internationally with the same mission firmly in place. Our hope is that one day everyone in the world will have a place they can proudly call home. Everything we do now and in the future will be underpinned by this.
As Group UX/UI Designer, you’ll build products that both empower and delight. Reporting to the Head of Technology You’ll focus on user-centric design principles to help craft a variety of HomesByDesign Group experiences that span across the web, mobile and beyond. We place a high value on individuals who are self-motivated and can work across the design disciplines of UI, UX, and Visual Design.
You will be someone with high attention to detail and who is technically proficient in Illustrator, Photoshop, XD or similar as well as familiarity with rapid prototyping tools is a plus. The purpose of this role is to take some of the weight of asset building off of the conceptual teams by utilizing efficient production workflows that also ensure pixel-perfect asset delivery under tight deadlines. You must be able to take design direction with ease while staying extremely organized and comfortable managing multiple deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
We have developed innovative Design&Buy Tools for our bathroomsbydesign.com website that you will be responsible for improving. These tools are a little rough around the edges so you will be focused on sanitising where appropriate and maximising the commercial effectiveness of them.
A key part of our evolution will see the launch of our new HomesByDesign website, building on the software we have developed for the bathroom industry and taking it into the home improvement industry as a whole. You will be responsible for the UX Design, taking the principals of the unique design led approach we have for BathroomsbyDesign.
Location: Brentford & Remote (Find Us)
Salary: £50-60k per annum plus uncapped profit share bonuses
Job type: Permanent / Full-time
Leave Allowance: 22 days rising to 25 based on length of service
- Drive innovative thinking to create unique products
- Own the user experience of all products, interaction design and visual design, turning high-level product requirements into workflows and designs.
- Design clean, intuitive, and responsive interfaces with reusable design patterns.
- Create detailed specifications to guide development teams.
- Confidently communicate the rationale of design decisions.
- Rapidly iterate design solutions based on feedback and technical needs.
- Partner with teams to brainstorm new ideas and work through the details of new and existing products and features.
- Generate comprehensive information architecture, wireframes, high-fidelity mockups, data visualizations and interactive prototypes.
- Solicit field and customer input, feedback and validation for new features and major enhancements and rapidly iterate.
- Collaborate with Engineering to ensure designs are feasible and are well implemented.
Our Initial Products (more exciting stuff to come):
- New: Magento 2 eCommerce Website
- Existing: Partner Portal (customers manage designs, quotes, orders, deliveries and payments)
- Existing: Plan2Design VR App (IOS & Android)
- Existing: BathKAD design software (used by internal designers)
- New: Odoo v15 ERP system (upgrade from existing v8)
- New: KADware design software for the whole home
- New: Community Marketplace (in stealth mode)
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in UX and UI design.
- Portfolio exhibiting a strong understanding of both UX/UI and visual design and using industry-standard design tools like Figma, Sketch, or Adobe XD.
- Clear communicator with the ability to talk about your designs with the team to advocate your direction with the product and engineering teams.
- An eye and passion for details.
- Ability to work autonomously.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and be flexible and adaptable to our needs.
- Quarterly and annual bonuses
- EMI Share Scheme
- Pension Scheme
- Simply Health Plan
- Gym Membership or fitness credits
- Coffee Tea Fruit & Nuts
- Bar & Beer Fridge, Pool Table, X-Box, Cinema Screen at HQ
1. Apply below
2. Short video interview
3. Job related skills test
4. Video Interview with founders and review of test results
5. Internal Evaluation
6. Job Offer
Ready to Apply?
Click on the link below to apply for this role, upload your CV and cover letter/note. Please include an explanation of why your experience is specifically relevant to this role at HomesByDesign, how you will succeed and why you think your next career move should be to join our team.