Group Head of Technology (Future CTO)
1, Amalgamated Drive, Unit 1, Amalgamated Drive, Brentford, Middlesex, TW8 9EZ, United Kingdom
Making Home Life Better
The HomesByDesign Group has recently been formed to build on the growing success of its established and primary subsidiary BathroomsByDesign. Our mission is to improve people’s homes, health and wellbeing with beautiful, affordable and expertly designed solutions for the home.
A technology led retail business, the ByDesign concept of using our proprietary KADware® (Knowledge Aided Design) Software and Plan2Design Virtual Reality App to serve customers in a totally unique and streamlined way sets us apart from our competitors in the market. It gives us the springboard to constantly look to improve how we operate and how we can continue to deliver a unique, immersive and effortless customer experience with our Software and VR App central to this experience.
Whilst we are currently a retail organisation, our tech infrastructure will enable us to expand into new sectors and markets internationally with the same mission firmly in place. Our hope is that one day everyone in the world will have a place they can proudly call home. Everything we do now and in the future will be underpinned by this.
As The Head Of Technology, you will have a wealth of technology and platforms to oversee on a day to day basis. Much of what we have built is a little rough around the edges so you will be focused on sanitising where appropriate and maximising the commercial effectiveness of our tech. You will keep driving the tech stack forward and evolving it inline with business requirements, reacting to market demands. A key part of this evolution will see the launch of our new HomesByDesign website, building on the software we have developed for the bathroom industry and taking it into the home improvement industry as a whole.
You will be championing the IT & Communications infrastructure as well as the development and continuous improvement of our bespoke technology stack including the proprietary Odoo ERP system, Magento eCommerce platform, VR Mobile app, Bathroom Design software and our telecoms suite, 3CX. You will also oversee the launch and development of our new Home Design Platform, KADware, which we are bringing to market in line with the launch of HomesByDesign.
Reporting to the Managing Director and working closely with all the departments to systemise, improve and automate processes Company wide. You will be responsible for the management of a small team of internal and freelance PHP, Python and Unity developers, ensuring that development tasks are created, prioritised and completed inline with business requirements and expectations, with strong project management principles firmly in place.
Location: Brentford (Find Us)
Salary: £75-125k per annum with uncapped profit share bonuses plus up to 5% share options
Job type: Permanent / Full-time
Leave Allowance: 22 days rising to 25 based on length of service
- Project Management of ongoing development, including the design, testing and maintenance of the Magento, Odoo and KADware platforms using SCRUM methodology
- Interpret management objectives to incorporate into the development roadmap
- Create scoping and business requirements documents that can be interpreted and processed by the relevant stakeholders
- Prioritise the development roadmap based on impact, value and effort
- Manage integrations between internal and external systems and platforms
- Share implemented features internally
- Update user manual and FAQ
- System training for all admin user types
- Manage troubleshooting and implementation of new feature requests
- Oversee the management of the CMS
- Oversee the Magento platform tech stack ensuring optimum performance, stability and security
- Ensure disaster recovery processes are in place and tested on an annual basis
- Organise annual penetration tests on the platform and ensure security vulnerability scans take place and are analysed after code deploys and on adhoc basis.
What Good looks like:
- Error free system updates
- Minimal system fault logs
- Minimal user error logs
- On time project delivery
- No system downtime
- eCommerce Sales
- App downloads
Rewards & Benefits:
• Quarterly and annual bonuses for hitting key metrics
• EMI Share Scheme
• Ongoing learning and development
• Scope for career progression
• Pension Scheme
• Simply Health Plan
• Gym Membership or fitness credits
• Early finish Fridays
- Leadership and the ability to work as part of a team
- The ability to contribute to and implement organisational strategy
- The capacity to work with people at all levels in an organisation
- The ability to manage a team of individuals, each a specialist in their own area.
- Excellent organisational and project management skills
- Strong leadership and decision making skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Understanding of complex information and requirements
- Good prioritisation skills and be flexible enough to adapt plans
- Great IT skills combined with a good head for business
- Ability to explain complex systems in simple terms
- An ability to work to tight deadlines and within constraints
- An understanding of compliance regulations such as GDPR, PSD2 and PCI Compliance
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills when dealing with 3rd party suppliers
Ready to Apply?
Click on the link below to apply for this role, upload your CV and cover letter/note. Please include an explanation of why your experience is specifically relevant to this role at HomesByDesign, how you will succeed and why you think your next career move should be to join our team.