Group Head of Sales
1, Amalgamated Drive, Unit 1, Amalgamated Drive, Brentford, Middlesex, TW8 9EZ, United Kingdom
Our Mission: Make Home Life Better
The HomesByDesign Group has recently been formed to build on the growing success of its established and primary subsidiary BathroomsByDesign. We’re here to improve people’s homes, health, and wellbeing with beautiful, affordable, and expertly designed solutions for the home.
Group Head of Sales - Key Aspects of the Role
Maximising sales via the showrooms, trade and online whilst facilitating the continued expansion beyond bathrooms and into wider home improvement categories. A leadership role with strong management and coaching skills required to bring out the best in all team members.
Location: Hybrid role – H/O Brentford and working from home
Salary: £60-£80k base salary, £120k OTE with quarterly and annual uncapped bonus, Senior Management EMI Scheme (Company is 30% Employee Owned) + numerous other benefits including pension, holiday and ‘PerksByDesign’
A technology led retail business, the ByDesign concept of using our proprietary KADware® (Knowledge Aided Design) Software and Plan2Design Virtual Reality App to serve customers in a unique and streamlined way sets us apart from our competitors. It also gives us the springboard to constantly look to deliver a unique, immersive, and effortless customer experience with our People, Software and Products central to this experience.
Having invested heavily in our ERP system, proprietary CAD software and VR App; it is this technology, our collective passion for home improvement and total dedication to customer service which we believe sets us apart from every other retailer in the world.
Whilst we are currently a retail organisation, our tech infrastructure will enable us to create new business models, expand into new sectors and markets internationally with the same mission firmly in place. The Community Marketplace for Home Improvement is in the works…
Our hope is that one day everyone in the world will have a place they can proudly call home. Everything we do now and in the future will be underpinned by this.
We are always looking for people who are equally ambitious, creative, focused, flexible and who are motivated by big rewards but are willing to work hard, continually improve and dedicate themselves to this long term vision.
Moving into this exciting phase of their growth, HomesByDesign are looking to recruit experienced, self-motivated individuals who are striving to find that next rewarding role. You will have a desire to work with a company who are not only at the forefront of their sector and growing exponentially, but who remain passionate about their core values and providing an exceptional customer experience.
Whether you are currently in role but looking for a move or looking for that next progressive step, HomesByDesign will help you to prosper and grow.
What’s in it for you? In return you will be rewarded not only with a competitive salary, excellent bonus potential, an opportunity to be part of their EMI scheme + benefits but, more importantly, the satisfaction of being an integral part of this progressive company’s growth.
We are looking for an experienced Head of Sales to join an established, vibrant, and passionate Senior Leadership team to drive their sales team to sell & overachieve on all targets set via showrooms, trade and online, whilst facilitating the continued expansion beyond bathrooms and into wider home improvement categories.
The Head of Sales will champion driving the business forward, guiding the sales team and exploring fresh avenues to exceed company targets, incentivising the sales team through clear goals and targets, and striving to be the best in the industry
- Previous experience as Head of Sales, Sales Director or Head of Business Development
- Leadership and direct line management of showroom managers and mentoring team in all showrooms
- Employee relations and training responsibilities for direct reports
- Measure productivity and performance to ensure timely execution of all operational procedures and departmental KPIs
- Develop and maintain CRM and reporting systems to measure service performance against agreed company standards.
- Working at a strategic level to seek new revenue streams while nurturing existing relationships to maximise opportunities
- Collaborate with the Marketing team to create marketing strategy with an emphasis on achieving market penetration and sales growth
- Collaborate with the Development team to present opportunities for enhancements in our KAD software and other technology that will optimise the sales process
- Oversee and manage business development opportunities that are consistent with the company's strategy for revenue growth to create new B2B opportunities and lead by example where appropriate to win new clients
- P & L and budgetary responsibility for departmental budget
- Develop strong, collaborative working relationships across the organization
You will have:
- At least 3 years’ experience working in senior sales management role
- Proven sales experience both b2b and b2c
- Proven ability to communicate, present and influence all levels of the organisation, including executive and C-level
- The ability to provide leadership, team development, people skills and coaching
- A track record of continuous personal development
- Proven ability to drive the sales process from plan to close
- Proven ability to articulate the distinct aspects of products and services
- Proven ability to position products against competitors
- Demonstrable experience as head of sales, developing client-focused, differentiated, and achievable solutions
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- A comprehensive understanding of CRM systems and the systemised processes that drive sales success
- Although not essential, we are ideally looking for someone with a passion for understanding how our, design software, mobile & online technology and business systems can further optimise our sales process
Measures of Success
- Revenue growth
- Continual improvement of conversion rates
- Sales excellence
- Staff retention
- Monthly reviews carried out and key actions given to all individuals, direct review management of middle management and targets achieved by all teams
- Customer satisfaction levels and face to face interactions
- Productivity levels and efficiency rates