Group Head of eCommerce
1, Amalgamated Drive, Unit 1, Amalgamated Drive, Brentford, Middlesex, TW8 9EZ, United Kingdom
Making Home Life Better
The HomesByDesign Group has recently been formed to build on the growing success of its established and primary subsidiary BathroomsByDesign. Our mission is to improve people’s homes, health and wellbeing with beautiful, affordable and expertly designed solutions for the home.
A technology led retail business, the ByDesign concept of using our proprietary KADware® (Knowledge Aided Design) Software and Plan2Design Virtual Reality App to serve customers in a totally unique and streamlined way sets us apart from our competitors in the market. It gives us the springboard to constantly look to improve how we operate and how we can continue to deliver a unique, immersive and effortless customer experience with our Software and VR App central to this experience.
Whilst we are currently a retail organisation, our tech infrastructure will enable us to expand into new sectors and markets internationally with the same mission firmly in place. Our hope is that one day everyone in the world will have a place they can proudly call home. Everything we do now and in the future will be underpinned by this.
As Head of eCommerce, your primary objectives will be to develop our online proposition, customer journey and to maximise sales across our online channels, using your excellent commercial acumen, eCommerce knowledge and business development skills.
We have developed innovative Design&Buy Tools for our bathroomsbydesign.com website that you will be responsible for launching. These tools are a little rough around the edges so you will be focused on sanitising where appropriate and maximising the commercial effectiveness of our entire online infrastructure.
Once established you will build a team around you to exploit our offering that is ready to change the online retailing experience for our customers throughout the UK. Working in collaboration with our digital marketing function, you will be responsible for driving relevant traffic to the digital platforms and optimising the customer experience to ensure sessions turn into sales and leads.
You will oversee the look and feel of our website and will be responsible for generating sales via all suitable online channels such as Amazon, eBay, Facebook, Pinterest and Houzz. Ultimately, the performance of our online sales channels is down to you so you will be expected to use all the tools and resources available to you to grow the digital channels. Working with other departments across the business will be critical to success, gaining their insight into who our customers are, their wants and needs, as well as gaining an understanding of the buying journey.
A key part of our evolution will see the launch of our new HomesByDesign website, building on the software we have developed for the bathroom industry and taking it into the home improvement industry as a whole. You will be responsible for the roll out of this site, taking the principals of the unique design led approach we have for BathroomsbyDesign.
Reporting to the Managing Director and working closely with the Head of Technology, You will be responsible for the management of a small team of internal and freelance developers. You will ensure that development tasks are created, prioritised and completed inline with business requirements and expectations, with strong project management principles firmly in place.
Location: Brentford (Find Us)
Salary: £50-60k per annum plus uncapped profit share bonuses
Job type: Permanent / Full-time
Leave Allowance: 22 days rising to 25 based on length of service
Improve the online buying experience for our customers and ultimately maximise online revenue and drive conversion, whether that be through online sales or driving footfall to our stores. You will be responsible for acquisition, conversion and retention of new customers through:
- Continually researching the market in order to discover new trends and technologies in order to improve website performance
- Managing all online activity in relation to traffic acquisition, sales, conversion and a/b testing and reporting
- Developing and implementing an ecommerce strategy in order to improve website performance
- Working with developers to improve and maintain website performance ensuring the impact on page speed is taken into account with any new development releases
- Working with the digital marketing function (internal/external) in order to improve the quality and volume of traffic being driven to the digital platform from acquisition activities
- Working with the marketing function to develop a marketing playbook for the year, mapping out the key offer periods and developing a digital content strategy to align with the promotions
- Always ensuring a mobile first approach to design and development
- Continually reviewing the key data points in our various analytical platforms, not limited to Channel Conversion, AOV, Bounce Rate, Product Conversion and Cart Behaviour, in order to monitor and improve performance.
- The creation of attribution models to correctly attribute sales from all channels back to ad spend
- Collaborating with the buying team to ensure the digital channels represent the best possible product offering to our customers at competitive prices
- Reporting back to the senior management team on the core digital KPIs
- Project Management of ongoing development, including the design, testing and maintenance of the Magento, Odoo and KADware platforms using SCRUM methodology
- Interpret management objectives to incorporate into the development roadmap
- Create scoping and business requirements documents that can be interpreted and processed by the relevant stakeholders
- Prioritise the development roadmap based on impact, value and effort
- Manage integrations between internal and external systems and platforms
- Share implemented features internally
- Update user manual and FAQ
- System training for all admin user types
- Manage troubleshooting and implementation of new feature requests
- Oversee the management of the CMS
- Oversee the Magento platform tech stack ensuring optimum performance, stability and security
- Ensure disaster recovery processes are in place and tested on an annual basis
- Organise annual penetration tests on the platform and ensure security vulnerability scans take place and are analysed after code deploys and on adhoc basis.
What Good looks like:
- Meeting or Exeeding eCommerce Sales targets across all platforms
- High traffic and low bounce rate to main site
- Optimised for fast loading and mobile friendly
- Following SEO best practise
- Page 1 ranking for key search terms
- Bug free sites and no downtime
- On time project delivery
- Showroom leads
Rewards & Benefits:
• Quarterly and annual bonuses for hitting key metrics
• EMI Share Scheme
• Ongoing learning and development
• Scope for career progression
• Pension Scheme
• Simply Health Plan
• Gym Membership or fitness credits
• Early finish Fridays
- At least 3 years of experience in a similar role
- A track record of delivering significant online sales growth
- Experience of working in a vertical with complex buying journeys, ideally in the home and garden sector
- Experience working with the Magento platform would be desirable
- Experience managing marketing and tech teams
- Experience developing and overseeing digital marketing strategies
- Excellent understanding of web design and web analysis
- Strong marketing and tech background
- Excellent analytical skills, specifically competent is the use of Google Analytics and Google Data studio, or similar
- Knowledge of all aspects of the commerce experience, from the customer through to conversion and an understanding of best practice UX
- Knowledge of digital marketing channels such as PPC, SEO, Social Media, Display and Affiliate Marketing channels
- Knowledge of Attribution modelling, website speed optimisation, A/B testing, conversion rate optimisation, sales journey optimisation, personalisation, traffic analysis and reporting tools
- Previous experience implementing scripts via Google Tag Manager
Ready to Apply?
Click on the link below to apply for this role, upload your CV and cover letter/note. Please include an explanation of why your experience is specifically relevant to this role at HomesByDesign, how you will succeed and why you think your next career move should be to join our team.