eBay Sales Manager
1, Amalgamated Drive, Westcross Industrial Park, Brentford, Middlesex, TW8 9EZ, United Kingdom
Our mission is to improve people's homes, health and wellbeing with beautiful, expertly designed and affordable bathrooms.
As an award winning multi channel retailer with 3 stores in London, we have big plans for growth across the UK and globally.
Our 3d and VR design technology built in-house is at the core of our strategy. but this will only be possible by continuing to find hard working, ambitious and dedicated people to join our growing team.
Location: Brentford HQ
Salary: £22,500 P/A + uncapped commission OTE £35-40k
Job Type: Initial Full Time 3-6 month contract leading to permanent position opportunities
Working Hours: Monday to Friday 8:30am - 5:30pm
Leave Allowance: 21 rising to 25 based on length of service
Over the last 14 years, BathroomsByDesign has become one of the UK’s leading bathroom design and supply companies, but we actually started as an eBay shop. Whilst we have always continued to maintain a shop on eBay, we need the right person to reinvigorate our presence on eBay. Working from our Head Office in Brentford, you will effectively build a ‘business-within-our-business’ and take full responsibility for selling a large stock of high-quality, high-value, end of line products, customer returns and other products that are not suitable for selling within our main business.
- Market products on the eBay site, using well-established selling procedures and techniques
(a full overview of the current strategy will be provided)
- Monitor other similar eBay shops to identify new techniques to grow our consumer and trade audience and increase our sales.
- Respond to customers’ inquiries regarding products, and shipment, ensuring that the right type and amount of information is forwarded.
- Work with our Sales and Marketing team to identify and prioritise work on the products with the greatest likelihood of selling.
- Prepare product listings using photographs and descriptions retrieved from 3rd party resources in line with our template and guidelines
- Where necessary, identify and photograph any defects that products may have and ensure that these are accurately described to customers.
- Oversee the full inventory to ensure product availability, and assess stock situations.
- Provide customers with information on shipment amounts, in addition to the cost of products.
- Negotiate the price of the sale in line with company guidelines
- Process orders from eBay on to our internal order processing system
- Where necessary, pick, pack, label, and ship products to the customer, and provide delivery timelines (this process will be supported by our warehouse team).
- Uphold our customer satisfaction score by ensuring prompt response to complaints regarding service and product quality, aiming to resolve their issues in as short a time as possible.
- Create and maintain effective relationships with our internal team to ensure that the eBay Shop is supported by and supports the rest of our business.
- Provide customers with detailed information regarding payment options.
- Handle returns and exchanges in line with our company guidelines and in conformance with eBay rules.
- Work with our Sales, Marketing Team and Warehouse Team to identify opportunities for service improvement.
- Work with our Sales and Marketing Teams to identify eBay customers that could be supported by our wider business proposition.
- Provide weekly and monthly reporting to the Management Team to detail sales that have been made, the overheads we have incurred and the proposed strategy going forward.
What We Offer
- Generous uncapped commission structure that will provide great earning potential.
- Great opportunities to make the role your own and get involved with exciting projects
- Personal growth within a fast-paced, growing company that offers opportunities for career development.
- A future opportunity to extend our offering across other 3rd Party marketplaces and channels
What Skills Are Required
- Significant experience of selling on eBay or equivalent platforms
- Entrepreneurial drive to be self-motivated and build a ‘business-within-a-business’
- A track record of being highly organised
- An understanding of Web Marketing
- A good understanding of eBay (from a Work or Home or situation)
- Great written and verbal interpersonal communication
- Numeracy to GCSE C or 5 standard English to GCSE C or 5 standard Good Excel Skills (this can be taught if necessary