Digital Marketing Manager
1, Amalgamated Drive, Unit 1, Amalgamated Drive, Brentford, Middlesex, TW8 9EZ, United Kingdom
Making Home Life Better
The HomesByDesign Group has recently been formed to build on the growing success of its established and primary subsidiary BathroomsByDesign. Our mission is to improve people’s homes, health and wellbeing with beautiful, affordable and expertly designed solutions for the home.
A technology led retail business, the ByDesign concept of using our proprietary KADware® (Knowledge Aided Design) Software and Plan2Design Virtual Reality App to serve customers in a totally unique and streamlined way sets us apart from our competitors in the market. It gives us the springboard to constantly look to improve how we operate and how we can continue to deliver a unique, immersive and effortless customer experience with our Software and VR App central to this experience.
Whilst we are currently a retail organisation, our tech infrastructure will enable us to expand into new sectors and markets internationally with the same mission firmly in place. Our hope is that one day everyone in the world will have a place they can proudly call home. Everything we do now and in the future will be underpinned by this.
As Digital Marketing Manager, you will have a wealth of marketing technology and platforms to oversee on a day to day basis. Much of what we have built is a little rough around the edges so you will be focused on sanitising where appropriate and building from scratch to maximise the commercial effectiveness of our marketing efforts. You will always be looking for new ways to market and promote our brand and evolving it inline with business requirements, reacting to market demands. A key part of this evolution will see the launch of our new HomesByDesign website, building on the software we have developed for the bathroom industry and taking it into the home improvement industry as a whole.
You will be championing the marketing infrastructure as well as supporting the development and continuous improvement of our bespoke technology stack including the Magento eCommerce platform, VR Mobile app and Bathroom Design software. You will also oversee the launch and development of our new Home Design Platform, KADware, which we are bringing to market in line with the launch of HomesByDesign.
Reporting to the Managing Director and working closely with the sales and technology teams, You will be responsible for the management of a small team of internal and freelance content, Paid Search and Social Media resources. Using our project management system you will ensure tasks are created, prioritised and completed inline with business requirements and expectations, with strong project management principles firmly in place.
Location: Brentford (Find Us)
Salary: £40-55k per annum plus uncapped profit share bonuses
Job type: Permanent / Full-time
Leave Allowance: 22 days rising to 25 based on length of service
- Develop the BathroomsByDesign brand and reputation for luury design, innovative customer experience and cutting edge technology
- Project manage our existing network of freelancers and agencies
- Work with our freelance graphic designer to create beautiful and engaging leaflets, brochures and digital marketing material.
- Be a digital champion with comprehensive knowledge of customer-centric design, digital user experience and to drive innovation in delivery.
- Work closely with the Management Team, developers and designers to coordinate the site and other platforms’ content and make sure it caters to the needs of the target audience.
- Ensure all content falls within corporate and design guidelines.
- Provide ad hoc on & offline content to support client promotions e.g. printer advertorials, 3rd party email communications.
- Source images through photo library.
- Identify the resources and tools needed to deliver a digital content strategy
- Manage stakeholders’ expectations to ensure timely progress updates, change to scope and delivery dates.
- Analyse the website and other platforms usage statistics, trend analysis and provide market intelligence data to drive business development opportunities and assess effectiveness of campaigns and initiatives.
- Launch targeted campaigns to customers and business partners carrying out quality assurance checks on content, pro-actively engaging and seeking feedback.
- Implement a full digital marketing lifecycle campaign strategy from acquisition through to retention, understanding every aspect of the customer journey.
- Be aware and proactively respond to the competitive market and trends within the retail, lifestyle, interior design and other relevant industries.
- Keep up with all the latest industry developments.
- Overall responsibility for online and offline PR activities.
- Chairing meetings and facilitating workshops where appropriate.
- Work directly with our eCommerce and technology team to create a market leading world class eCommerce presence.
- Contribute to the development of the website through collaboration with cross-functional teams across the business
- Build landing pages for Paid Search and social campaigns
- Oversee the blog to promote products and services
- Plan and develop all site content, style and appearance using web content management systems.
Paid Search and Ads - Google Analytics
- Manage Search Engine Marketing activities (SEO, PPC) to drive targeted and effective internet marketing campaigns.
- Lead strategy, design, implementation, SEO, and analysis of ad performance.
- Manage our digital acquisition activities including Google Shopping, Display, Retargeting and Affiliates.
Social Media - Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, LinkedIn, Houzz
- Own social media presence by developing rich content and managing a network of freelance specialists in the field to create exciting and relevant news content to drive traffic from social channels.
- Maintain a high customer focused web and social media content strategy, digital campaigns and initiatives.
- Responsible for the content and integrity of information that appears on Company's website and other social media presence such as Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Google +, Houzz etc.,
Email Marketing - MailChimp
- Design and launch email campaigns
- Collect and interpret customer reports to improve campaigns
- Aggregate, organise, and manage audience data
IOS & Android VR App - Proprietary tech
- Manage the app marketing space and drive brand awareness and customer loyalty.
- Work with the technology team with continual improvement of app UX
- Oversee app design iterations
What Good looks like:
- Online lead generation
- eCommerce Sales
- Social Media engagement
- Engagement on website (number of site visits, opt-in registration, time spent on site, bounce rate, popular pages and navigation path)
- Traffic source (what traffic sources are driving visitors to sites e.g. direct, referral, search)
- Total conversions (digital marketing ROI i.e. total revenue attributed to digital marketing less total cost of digital marketing; % of sales from digital)
- Mobile traffic and conversion rates
- Online campaigns (CPM, PPC, CTR, CPA)
- On time project delivery
- App downloads
Rewards & Benefits:
• Quarterly and annual bonuses for hitting key metrics
• EMI Share Scheme
• Ongoing learning and development
• Scope for career progression
• Pension Scheme
• Simply Health Plan
• Gym Membership or fitness credits
• Early finish Fridays
- A solid understanding of digital marketing lifecycle campaigns in the home and garden or similar industry
- Excellent writing skills, including on-line writing style, content and structure
- Excellent grasp of English grammar, punctuation and spelling
- The ability to write for a target audience in an informative, thought-provoking and engaging manner
- Creative skills to find interesting and innovative ways to present information and to generate new ideas
- Experience in social media and marketing
- Good organisational skills and the ability to meet deadlines
- An understanding of legal issues, such as online copyright and data regulations
- Attention to detail, including proofreading
- Ability to give and receive constructive feedback
- Ability to present portfolio of cutting-edge online content as well as across social media activitiesKnowledge of the wider eCommerce ecosystem and third party technologies that can enhance the customer experience.
Ready to Apply?
Click on the link below to apply for this role, upload your CV and cover letter/note. Please include an explanation of why your experience is specifically relevant to this role at HomesByDesign, how you will succeed and why you think your next career move should be to join our team.