Brentford Showroom Manager
1, Amalgamated Drive, Unit 1, Amalgamated Drive, Brentford, Middlesex, TW8 9EZ, United Kingdom
Our mission is to improve people's homes, health and wellbeing with beautiful, expertly designed and affordable bathrooms.
As an award winning multi channel retailer with 3 stores in London, we have big plans for growth across the UK and globally.
Our 3d and VR design technology built in-house is at the core of our strategy. but this will only be possible by continuing to find hard working, ambitious and dedicated people to join our growing team.
A natural Leader. Someone who is excited by joining a small but rapidly expanding Company, you will thrive under pressure to do what needs to be done to deliver consistent personal and team sales results. You will be confident in leading and managing your team, maintaining impeccible showroom standards, building your own pipeline, selling complexed solutions and developing lasting customer relationships.
You will also have an interest in architecture, interior design and/or home improvement. You will be tech savvy and have a good understanding of CRM systems and managing your emails. You will have experience in selling bathrooms and managing people. But most importantly you will be a people person, a team player and someone motivated to be the best you can possibly be.
Location: Brentford Showroom (Find Us)
Salary: £35k per annum plus commission – OTE £60-75k
Job type: Permanent / Full-time
Working Hours: 5 day weekly rota: 8-5pm Monday-Friday, 9-5pm Saturday
Leave Allowance: 22 days rising to 25 based on length of service
Key Aspects of the Role:
The overall purpose of the role is to take full responsibility for the day to day running of one of our market leading and award winning Showrooms in West London. You will be managing a Design & Sales Team, providing a unique and exceptional experience for our customers face to face or via our market leading digital channels. Core to this unique experience is our proprietary 3d design software and Virtual Reality App which you will need to be well versed at.
You will lead by example as a revenue generator, engaging with prospective and existing clients. You will also generate new business via our Trade Partnership Scheme and develop our Brentford showroom as a hub for trade customers such as house builders, contractors, bathroom fitters, interior designers and architects.
Lead your team by setting an exemplary benchmark of agreed best practises in all aspects of being a Design & Sales Consultant:
Ensure showroom team are following the company standard procedure for qualification, selling, designing, forecasting and all aspects of their role.
Ensure that the showroom team maintain a high standard of product knowledge, system usage, tools and software to the level that is expected
Ensure that the team is following-up their customers at the optimum time for the best result and that a robust plan is in place during any team absences
Ensure the showroom is inviting to customers, from cleanliness to a friendly and professional sales staff, to the most modern and desirable merchandise.
- Be the champion for our retail brands to guide and inspire clients and to ensure our Customer Care standards and Company Values are consistently adhered to.
- Consistently meet and exceed personal and team sales targets in terms of gross profit and margin performance.
- Ensure the payment process is followed and banking sheet is updated daily along with sales checklist completion.
- Participate in monthly and other management and review meeting to drive on-going success of the organisation
- Manage professional development to ensure you and your Team have the capabilities to perform required tasks and can support customer and business requirements.
- Collaborate with Customer Service and other Teams to drive improvement programmes
- Prepare monthly activity report, including pipeline, visit/calls details, conversion rate performance, in addition to financial / set target performance data.
- Continually develop sales strategies and improve sales performance.
- Organise showroom maintenance and refits as needed, ensure all displays are attractive and inspiring at all times.
- Maintain good relations with neighbouring businesses, incl. trade and related professionals and actively explore local marketing opportunities creating viable partnerships, sponsorships and showroom/brand exposure opportunities in the local community.
- Maintain a safe and healthy working environment, ensuring all health & safety guidelines are met.
- Prepare annualised target setting taking into account previous years’ performance, trends analysis, promotional activities as well as industry related information and trends.
- Develop rapport with customers to understand their project requirements, style and preference
- Be an ongoing student of cutting edge and on-trend bathroom design
- Develop and maintain an excellent product knowledge of our entire range of products and those of the wider industry.
- Provide support developing new projects' design and assisting in visualising concepts utilising our proprietary 3D and VR technologies
- Demonstrate initiative, enthusiasm, “can do” attitude and passion for our product range.
- Be friendly first point of contact for customers visiting showrooms, meet walk-in traffic and convert into profitable sales.
- Answer all web calls and convert into single or multi-channel sales.
- Ensure that profit margins are maintained in accordance with our pricing policy
- Ensure that after negotiations customer leaves feeling they have achieved good value.
- Ensure that the company CRM and ERP system is used in accordance with the company guidelines to properly manage your pipeline, quotations, orders and fulfil your reporting obligations.
- Identify trade opportunities and use outbound calling and email to build relationships and generate sales opportunities.
- Utilise the resources provided by our Marketing department to develop and maintain an understanding of our perceived competitors and the wider bathroom industry, so that you can better position our proposition to our customers.
- Ensure that all of your activities are carried out in line with all company procedures and processes.
- Ensure that customer service excellence is provided at all times.
- Maintain a smart appearance at all times when in contact with customers.
- Ensure showroom presentation is reflective of the high quality and standards of our product range and design.
- Ensure that all communication is professional, polite and upholds our company values.
- To enjoy what you do, share this enjoyment with others and be a positive role model for all of your colleagues.
- Ensure that all orders are handed over to our After Sales team in accordance with the company process and customer care checklist.
- Ensure that we explain the role and advocate the value of our After Sales team to our customers, so that they perceive them as experts and will utilise them in the event that they need support, after an order has been completed.
- Collect customer feedback, drive social media reviews and continually undertake market research for individual and company performance improvement.
- Work in collaboration with the Aftersales team to understand and proactively improve any issues relating to customer experience and to drive improvements in our end-to-end process.
- Any other duties that may be required from time to time.
What skills will help to succeed in the role?
- Leadership and an ability to engage and manage a diverse team of Designers.
- Full of initiative, enthusiasm, “can do” attitude and passion for our product range
- First class customer engagement and customer service abilities
- Great motivational skills
- Outstanding communicator with personal professional presentation
- Product knowledge
- Rapport building
- Time management
- Objection prevention and handling
- Excellent sales, negotiation and closing techniques
- Charismatic and engaging personality
- Good planning and organisation as well as IT, budget and report writing skills
- Proven track record of generating leads and converting into sales
- Good understanding of trade and retail industries, particularly within bathroom or interior design, installation and related fields
- Ability to work independently
- Problem solver with ability to deliver alternative, innovative and customer focused solutions
What are the measurements of success?
- Personal and Team Sales Revenue, GP and Margin
- Customer Satisfaction surveys to all customers with a minimum of 95% positive reviews
- Meet and exceed your personal and Team KPIs
- Completion of personal quarterly objectives, core duties and satisfactory monthly SBD reviews.
Rewards & Benefits:
• Commission of up to 15% of Sales GP
• Quarterly and annual bonuses for hitting key personal and team metrics
• EMI Share Scheme
• Ongoing learning and development
• Scope for career progression
• Pension Scheme
• Simply Health Plan
• Gym Membership or fitness credits
• Early finish Friday
• Proven track record of generating leads and converting into sales within a showroom environment
• Problem solver with ability to deliver alternative, innovative and customer focused solutions
• Excellent sales and negotiation skills & customer service
• Full of initiative, enthusiasm, “can do” attitude and passion for our product range
• Outstanding communicator (written and verbal)
• Professional appearance
• Strong time management and organisation skills
• Good understanding of the KBB trade and retail industries, particularly within bathroom or interior design, installation and related fields would be highly desirable.
Ready to Apply?
This is a unique opportunity to work for a leader in the KBB industry, in a fast-paced, creative and fun place to work. Click on the link below to apply for this role, upload your CV and cover letter/note. Please include an explanation of why your experience is specifically relevant to this role at BathroomsByDesign, how you will succeed and why you think your next career move should be to join our team.